Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Maintenance Supervisor serves in a supervisory capacity and isresponsible for the daily operations and oversight of the Facilities/Maintenance field operations. The Supervisor will work collaboratively with other team members and contribute to the general maintenance and upkeep of Brooklyn Bridge Park’s many complex systems, including plumbing, mechanical, electric, irrigation and more.
What We’re Looking For
The ideal candidate has well-rounded knowledge and experience in all the trades, and experience supervising a diverse team. The Supervisor will positively, professionally, and constructively improve the Facilities/Maintenance operation by encouraging team cohesion and morale along with reinforcing our policies and procedures. The Supervisor represents Brooklyn Bridge Park by interacting in a professional and positive manner with the staff, the public, and park management. Additionally, the ideal candidate has a positive attitude, a desire to teach and mentor, and strong communication skills.
- Assists the Director of Facilities with ensuring that all facilities are structurally sound, mechanically operational, electrically efficient, and safe by planning and scheduling daily and weekly maintenance activities and supervising maintenance technicians inthe performance of emergency and routine maintenance on facilities and systems.
- Delegate daily tasks to all technicians, assess task completion,and provide effective feedback
- Work with the Director of Facilities to ensure that maintenance technicians are set for success and that they have the resources, information,tools, and uniforms required to succeed
- Perform highly skilled mechanical maintenance work (as required) in the installation, operation, maintenance,modification, service and repair of electrical, heating, ventilation and air conditioning, plumbing and refrigeration control systems
- Inspect and test elements of our systems to locate and diagnose faults and malfunctions, troubleshooting and/or performing required repairs, and provide an estimate of repair (and/or replacement) costs beyond the capability to perform.
- Provide emergency response to numerous park-wide elements including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and irrigation equipment
- Collaborate with other Operations Departments on projects and problem solving as necessary
- Work cross departmentally to make sure Operations staff are trained in vehicle operations in a timely, safe, and effective manner
- Coordinate with outside contracted specialists to perform tasks,adjustments, and repairs
- Participate in seasonal maintenance activities including snow removal and water start-up/winterization
- Coordinate with the Capital Department on projects and ongoing capital maintenance
- Work with the Director of Facilities on the development and implementation of a park wide inspection program for all areas of the park to be completed on a routine basis. Coordinate such programs with other Operations departments at BBP including the Capital, Custodial and Horticulture departments
- Oversee best practices in building, facilities and warehouse management
- Work collaboratively with the AVP of Operations on snow and ice removal throughout the park, as well as other seasonal based tasks as necessary
- Identify, monitor and track new and ongoing issues throughout the park that are outside the normally scheduled daily needs of the facilities department
- Meets daily with the Director of Facilities to review current job assignments, projects, ongoing work, contractual work and all maintenance related issues.
The role is supervised by the Director of Facilities, however, generally works independently under established guidelines and with minimum supervision. The role supervises General Maintenance Technicians, assigned trades, and personnel as required.
· Advanced degree or certificate in facilities management or equivalent experience
· Working Knowledge of small engine repair, equipment maintenance and warehouse inventory controls
· Experience in a staff management role supervising field-based facilities staff
- Hardworking,energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills a must
- Working knowledge of commonly used computer programs (MicrosoftOffice, ArcGIS, Cartegraph), and the ability to use a computer
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Comfortable working independently or with a team and outside in a park-setting
- Valid NYS Driver License.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in high pressure dynamics
- Experience working in a public space like a park is a plus
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. 40 hours per week. Staff members holding this position should expectto be available for work Monday – Sunday, 6AM – 1AM and during other periods as assigned by Operations Management.
Please submit resumes and cover letters to . Use the subject line“Maintenance Supervisor.”