The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for directing the daily activities for a team of maintenance technicians, roads and grounds crew, and vendors / contractors for a residential community to ensure company standards of quality workmanship and customer service are met for change of occupancy maintenance, resident and property work order requests within Fair Housing compliance. Perform maintenance job duties similar to technicians as needed.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
• Responsible for providing oversight and direction for several functions including daily operations, manage to budget, inventory control and procurement, customer service, training on operational procedures, and provide performance feedback to Community Managers for an assigned team comprised of maintenance technicians, and roads and grounds personnel.
• Direct the maintenance, grounds and landscaping employees and vendor activities to maintain community curb appeal to meet/exceed company standards
• Oversees the performance and quality of work for maintenance technicians and vendors in a variety of general maintenance duties including but not limited to: Plumbing, electrical, HVAC, drywall, painting, fencing, glass & screen repair, siding, locksmith work, cabinet & Countertop repair, ceramic tile, vinyl, exterior & interior door & trim repair or replacement and roofing repair.
• Organizes and distributes all work orders for assigned team and vendors to ensure that response time and quality of work meet customer service level expectations and workmanship standards.
• Performs final inspection of all maintenance department related work including but not limited to: service requests, change of occupancy, curb appeal, and preventative maintenance.
• Order or oversee maintenance supplies procurement and maintenance MSDS sheets.
• Prepare and Maintain OSHA logs.
• Manage preventive maintenance program as necessary for HVAC, equipment, and maintenance systems for building and grounds to include pools, water parks and playgrounds.
• Train maintenance employees in the areas of general safety, lock out tag out, personal protective equipment and all other applicable safety requirements for the workplace.
• Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices following ZERO Harm journey plan.
• Supervises the Comprehensive Facilities Management Process for adherence to service requests process, preventive maintenance, scheduled maintenance and follow up.
• Ensures the standards are met for emergency requests as immediate response, urgent requests within four hours, routine requests within 48 hours and ongoing and long term preventive maintenance.
• Assists with the solicitation of bids from contractors and vendors. Assists with the completion of vendor set up. Supervises all work performed at the community by contractors and vendors.
• Will be required to participate in on-call rotation
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Qualified applicants will have:
• Three to five years of multifamily /student housing preferred, property maintenance experience with effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Minimum one to three years of operational experience with strong interpersonal skills.
• High school graduate education or equivalent and level of competence in English and mathematics. College courses or technical school training strongly preferred with relevant trade certifications and licenses.
• Knowledgeable in all phases of residential property facilities management.
• Required to use considerable judgment when assigning and directing work.
• Must be EPA Universal Certified and be knowledgeable in OSHA regulations.
• Must be available for night/weekend emergency call duty.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel and Windows XP.
• Experience with OneSite property management software preferred.
• Possession of a valid state issued Drivers License and safe driving record are required.